A chronicle of my escapades and estudios españoles during a 6-month study abroad program in Seville, Spain... enjoy :)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

"NECESSITAMOS MAS BEBIDAS!"

So really quick I just wanted to say something about last night before I actually start my homework, just because last night was super fun and I don't want whatever I absorb about the Franco period in Spain to replace my memories from last night.

Well, we didn't leave the hotel until about 1am-ish, and we wandered the streets of Sevilla for quite a while before we found the bar we had been looking for: Elephunk. The highlights:

  • Being able to legally order drinks at a bar, in Spanish, and having the bartenders understand me
  • Standing on the footrest so I could be taller than everyone else and yelling to my friends in the program, "NECESSITAMOS MAS BEBIDAS!" ("WE NEED MORE DRINKS!") 
  • Salsa-dancing with the girls, and getting taught how to Dougie by Miguel
  • Trying to determine which bathroom was men's or women's... and then finally realizing there was no distinction and anyone could go in whatever bathroom they pleased (in which there was no toilet paper)
  • Staring at the lights in the bar, which were made of fishbowls and each had a couple fish chillin in 'em
  • 2 for 1 cervezas
  • Los chupitos de tequila... which only cost 1 euro
  • Learning how to shimmy while saying the word "barrio"
  • Getting serenaded by Kendra... "Despiertaaaaaaas"
Definitely an éxito (success) of a night! :) 

it's time for me to read... buenas noches, mis amores! 

No comments:

Post a Comment